|Paul A. Norman||Michael F. To’o||Contact Us||Jesus|
The following information is designed to help you choose the best option for your printing needs.
The whole project is a 16 page A5 booklet printed on double sided A4 sheets, finally as a folded booklet layout.
(American brothers and sisters please take note, A4 is an international measure of paper, it is aprox. eight inches wide and twelve inches tall (210mm x 297mm) it is not the same as standard USA Letter size! In the unlikely event that you can not get A4 paper, tell Acrobat Reader when printing to make the page fit the paper size. You may need to cut the excess off when the printing is finished before folding the book.)
What ever options you use, you should end up with is a folded booklet, that can be stapled along it's spine.
The booklet is presented in acrobat reader's Pdf format print ready, as 4 (four) sheets double sided (two A5 booklet pages per each side of A4). If your computer does not know what to do with this file once you have downloaded and tried to open it, go to Adobe.com and download the FREE Acrobat Reader programme.
To read this booklet in web format (MS IE6) on screen, please view here: A Royal Law Love
Here is a simple single sided A4 study group style print out Study Group Print Version - Exploring Giving - A Royal Law Love file size: 353K, aprox. download time (56k dialup modem): (15 - 30 sec.)
In the rest of the Pdfs, the booklet will not read properly on screen, and must be printed double sided, and folded first.
If you are printing it yourself on a computer printer, remember to keep the heads of the pages at the same place, so that they can tumble sideways and be readable right way up (more instructions below ). Otherwise burn the file(s) to CDROM and take to a photo copy shop, or print bureau - get a definite quote on the finished price first though!
A5 front on A4 Print Version - Exploring Giving - A Royal Law Love file size: 377K, aprox. download time (56k dialup modem): (15 - 30 sec.)
A5 front 2up A4 on A3 Print Version - Exploring Giving - A Royal Law Love - two booklets on A3 file size: 108K, aprox. download time (56k dialup modem): (15 - 30 sec.)
Notes for Printing Double Sided A4 Sheets Manually, on a "non-Duplexing" Printer
If you want to print out from a computer, then follow these steps (if you do not know that your printer can handle "Duplex" double sided printing automatically duplexing printer can automatically double side your paper for you).
Print these instructions out if they will help you.
- Take all the paper out of your printer leaving only one sheet.
- Tell Acrobat Reader to print the booklet.
- When the first page has printed and dried, manually put it back into the printer to print the next page (second side).
When putting the pages back through for the printing of the other side, make sure that the "heads" — tops of the pages will be the same for both sides. So that if you tumble the page sideways when printed, it will read upright, and one side of the page will NOT be upside down.
You may need to experiment to find out how your printer wants the paper put back in for the second side to be printed. If you have a printer manual look it up, it is sometimes installed onto your computer if it didn't come in the box.
- When ready to print each side, you may need to get your printer to 'Resume', as each time it runs out of paper it will anticipate that an error has happened.
- As each piece of A4 paper is printed both sides, place them down on a clean surface on top of each other in a pile. Put them down the same way up as the second side came out of the printer.
- Repeat the process with a new sheet of paper and keep doing it until the print job is done.
- After placing the last sheet on the pile, you should be looking at the middle of the booklet. Fold this in half sideways to make an A5 (148mm wide by 210mm tall) booklet. Then put staples through the middle fold.
If you are not sure, then consider burning the file to a Cdrom and taking it to a photocopy shop but get a quote on the job price first!
Main PagePaul A Norman / Mike F. To'o
Worldwide Phone +64 21 782 433, Fax +64 21 291 2433.
From inside New Zealand: Phone 021 782 433, Fax 021 291 2433.
|Skype:||Skype Name:||Click to Talk: |
(Even if we're offline)